Farmgirls on the Loose Get-a-way
- When: May 30–June 1, 2014
- Where: Brown County State Park, Nashville, Indiana
- Contact: Farmgirl Linda Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Events optional, but plan to have fun!
Friday, May 30:
- Check-in — you will need to reserve your own campsite. Our group will be camping in Buffalo Ridge Electric Campground. Call (812) 988-5245 for information. I will have 30 individual bags to give you with what is going on in the surrounding area and Indiana.
- Friday evening around 5pm we will have a crockpot dinner for any Farmgirls who would like to join us. If you would love to bring a crockpot meal/dessert etc., that would be great! The more the merry, plus some good eatin’! Please bring plate and fork, plus a drink.
Saturday, May 31:
- We will do a Dutch Oven Breakfast, if you have a recipe you just love, bring the fixin’s along to fix at our campsite, around 9am. Please bring plate and fork, plus a drink.
- Hiking and/or Swimming
- Trip at 11am into Nashville, IN. (This is only a few minutes from the State Park.) There are tons of the cutest shops and restaurants, plus lots of artists who display their works.
- Crafts — Farmgirl Coaster or any crafts anyone else would like to present.
- Glamping Prom Night – Saturday night at the Seasons Restaurant. I will ask about reservations for a large group. This is also really close to the park. Please let me know ahead of time if you plan to attend (restaurant needs our numbers).
Sunday, June 1:
- Morning get together to share our Indiana Glamping Experience, 10am.
- We could do a breakfast pitch-in if everyone is in favor of doing so.
- Saying our farewells
“UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.”
Happy Trails Farmgirls!
First Glamour Camping Weekend
- When: June 6–7, 2014
- Where: Chariton, Iowa
- Contact: Deb Cattell at email@example.com
The event will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with lots to do everyday. There will be a county-wide garage sales on Saturday, live 50's music and dance Saturday evening, and a vintage camper parade and show, etc. Still just in the planning stages but will keep you informed. You can email me anytime for reservations if you want to bring your camper, or need a place to stay if you do not have a camper.
Dunes Glamping Weekend
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Indiana Dunes State Park, Chesterton, Indiana
- Contact: Brad Bumgardner at Bbumgardner@dnr.in.gov
Indiana Dunes State Park will offer another special themed weekend to explore the natural and cultural resources in the dunes from a woman’s perspective June 6–8.
Programs will focus on important women in dunes history, arts and crafts, a camping recipe exchange, and other activities. Additionally, park naturalists will be on hand throughout the weekend to highlight ways to commune with the great outdoors while enjoying the comforts at home.
The weekend coincides with National Glamping Weekend, a special weekend that celebrates luxury camping, and the ability to experience the great outdoors with many of the advanced amenities we have come to depend on in our daily lives.
“The nice thing about glamping is it allows folks that don’t want to rough it the opportunity to enjoy the semi-wild and appreciate the resources of a place like the dunes,” said Jessica Rosier, park interpretive naturalist.
WBCCI New England Glamping Rally
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Arundel, Maine
- Contact: Pam Bleakney at Pam5432@verizon.net
The WBCCI New England Unit is hosting a rally open to WBCCI members in Maine!
Glamper-ific Gathering Two — “Mesa Verde Country”
- When: June 13–14, 2014
- Where: Cortez, Colorado (at the foot of the Mesa Verde)
- Contact: CJ Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
For details, please contact CJ Armstrong at email@example.com.
Sample Glamping Trip
- When: June 2–3, 2014
- Where: Anywhere, U.S.A.
- Contact: Me, Myself, & I at Contact Information
All the details you could ever need, right here!