Farmgirls on the Loose Get-a-way
- When: May 30–June 1, 2014
- Where: Brown County State Park, Nashville, Indiana
- Contact: Farmgirl Linda Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Events optional, but plan to have fun!
Friday, May 30:
- Check-in — you will need to reserve your own campsite. Our group will be camping in Buffalo Ridge Electric Campground. Call (812) 988-5245 for information. I will have 30 individual bags to give you with what is going on in the surrounding area and Indiana.
- Friday evening around 5pm we will have a crockpot dinner for any Farmgirls who would like to join us. If you would love to bring a crockpot meal/dessert etc., that would be great! The more the merry, plus some good eatin’! Please bring plate and fork, plus a drink.
Saturday, May 31:
- We will do a Dutch Oven Breakfast, if you have a recipe you just love, bring the fixin’s along to fix at our campsite, around 9am. Please bring plate and fork, plus a drink.
- Hiking and/or Swimming
- Trip at 11am into Nashville, IN. (This is only a few minutes from the State Park.) There are tons of the cutest shops and restaurants, plus lots of artists who display their works.
- Crafts — Farmgirl Coaster or any crafts anyone else would like to present.
- Glamping Prom Night – Saturday night at the Seasons Restaurant. I will ask about reservations for a large group. This is also really close to the park. Please let me know ahead of time if you plan to attend (restaurant needs our numbers).
Sunday, June 1:
- Morning get together to share our Indiana Glamping Experience, 10am.
- We could do a breakfast pitch-in if everyone is in favor of doing so.
- Saying our farewells
“UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.”
Happy Trails Farmgirls!
First Glamour Camping Weekend
- When: June 6–7, 2014
- Where: Chariton, Iowa
- Contact: Deb Cattell at email@example.com
The event will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with lots to do everyday. There will be a county-wide garage sales on Saturday, live 50s music and dance Saturday evening, and a vintage camper parade and show, etc. Still just in the planning stages but will keep you informed. You can email me anytime for reservations if you want to bring your camper, or need a place to stay if you do not have a camper.
Glampout in Montana
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Geraldine, Montana
- Contact: Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org
HEY THERE, GLAMPING GIRLS!! We are less than a month away from the glampout my daughter and I are hosting at her farm in Geraldine, Montana. June 6th, 7th and 8th! I’d love, love, love to see a bunch of glampers on the place! We have 110 acres of prairie and gorgeous mountains to the south and west. Central Montana is heaven on earth in June!
We are planning a meet & greet/bonfire Friday night. Exploring, antiquing and potluck Saturday. It will be a mostly dry camping experience, but there is water and power fairly handy if needed. I also have an adorable bunkhouse that sleeps four, for those without their own glamper.
If you are putting our glampout on your calendar, PLEASE let us know! I’d love to be able to plan and prepare as well as possible! Email Barb at email@example.com. Thanks!
Bend Sisters Garden RV
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Bend, Oregon
- Contact: Shirley Rossetti at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dana Murray at email@example.com
Call Bend Sisters Garden RV directly to make reservations. Mention IGW so they will put you in one of the spaces we have reserved for our group, and give you a discounted special group rate.
Heated pool, hot tub, onsite cabins, and mini golf. Activities and fun!!!
Dunes Glamping Weekend
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Indiana Dunes State Park, Chesterton, Indiana
- Contact: Brad Bumgardner at Bbumgardner@dnr.in.gov
Indiana Dunes State Park will offer another special themed weekend to explore the natural and cultural resources in the dunes from a woman’s perspective June 6–8.
Programs will focus on important women in dunes history, arts and crafts, a camping recipe exchange, and other activities. Additionally, park naturalists will be on hand throughout the weekend to highlight ways to commune with the great outdoors while enjoying the comforts at home.
The weekend coincides with National Glamping Weekend, a special weekend that celebrates luxury camping, and the ability to experience the great outdoors with many of the advanced amenities we have come to depend on in our daily lives.
“The nice thing about glamping is it allows folks that don’t want to rough it the opportunity to enjoy the semi-wild and appreciate the resources of a place like the dunes,” said Jessica Rosier, park interpretive naturalist.
WBCCI New England Glamping Rally
- When: June 6–8, 2014
- Where: Arundel, Maine
- Contact: Pam Bleakney at Pam5432@verizon.net
The WBCCI New England Unit is hosting a rally open to WBCCI members in Maine!
3rd Annual Tiger Town Trailer Rally
- When: July 11–13, 2014
- Where: Mitchell, Oregon
- Contact: Todd Davis at 541-462-3700
For those of you who haven’t been to Mitchell ... please understand that we are 47 miles from the nearest town. There is no cell service, no TV, no radio. The Little Pine Cafe and the Sidewalk Cafe do have free Wi-Fi and there is a pay phone on the corner by the feed store. Anyone and any business in town will let you use their phones. We also have a full ambulance crew and firefighting crew.
There are 2 restaurants, one store, one thrift shop, antique shop and the restrooms (sans showers) which are all located downtown. “Downtown” is 6 blocks long. Don’t blink.
There is a lot to do, or nothing to do. It’s all up to you! We just want you to be able to relax, have fun and enjoy! As always this rally can be as exciting or as relaxed as you want. We have Marky Mason’s Blonde Jazz pre-BBQ and a Ranch Rock Street Dance with the “NeverCanEvers” Saturday evening. Door prizes and prizes for furthest traveled, oldest trailer, smallest trailer and a plethora of other fun contests.
Please send your entry fee (which includes your site fee for all 3 days, all entertainment and BBQ).
Make your check payable :
PO Box 102
Mitchell Oregon 97750
Please bring an extension cord and a water hose. We will make sure that everyone has electricity and water. When you arrive, please stop at the Wheeler County Trading Post (on the corner of Main and Nelson) for your trailer spot assignment and welcome basket.
Feel free to show up anytime on Friday!
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to call, 541-462-3700. Please let Todd know if you have any special needs or special accommodations. Yes, pets are welcome. Due to an “incident” last year, please leave all hippos at home. Aardvarks are ok.
Check out Mitchell at: www.mitchelloregon.us
Stranded in Morro Bay Vintage Trailer Rally & Tasting
- When: October 16–18, 2014
- Where: Morro Strand State Beach, Morro Bay, California
- Contact: Register online at www.ccspa.info
Questions? Call Mary Golden at 805-748-8278
12 wineries. 10 restaurants. Rhythm & blues by the sea.
- Thursday: Campers roll in for welcome happy hour.
- Friday: Optional tours of Hearst Castle or the historic Spooner Ranch Farmhouse (does this say glamping or what!).
- Saturday: Vintage Trailer Open House followed by wine/beer/restaurant appetizer tastings while listening to smooth rhythm and blues.
Oh, and did I mention the campground is on the beach...
Sample Glamping Trip
- When: June 2–3, 2014
- Where: Anywhere, U.S.A.
- Contact: Me, Myself, & I at Contact Information
All the details you could ever need, right here!